Monday, November 9, 2009

Artwork for the Crib: Tomokazu Matsuyama








painting and wallpaper created for my old space
light box created for my old space
Matsu painting the mural
Full shot of the mural
Matsu in his home in Brooklyn via Theme Magazine

I met Matsu about 5 years ago. We met at a business that I used to own. We got to talking and I found out he is an artist. The next time he came in he brought a book with photos of some of his work and I was blown away. A few months later my partners and I gave him complete control of our space to do what he wanted with it. He created an amazing wallpaper, a light box, hung his paintings, and painted quite possibly my favorite mural of all time.
Matsu splits his time between Brooklyn, NY. and Tokyo, Japan.
Check out more of his work and contact him here

No comments:

Post a Comment